At Mullen & Mullen we believe in the power of great style. When you look good, you feel good; and that’ll give you the confidence to take on the world in whatever way you see fit.
If, like us, you’re always on the hunt for subtle ways to improve your look, keep reading. We’ve gathered together fifteen quick style hacks that will elevate your outfit and keep you looking sharp.
1. Never fasten the bottom button of your jacket.
2. Unbutton all buttons the moment you sit down.
3. Choose a charcoal grey suit for the ultimate in versatility.
4. Your tie should fall exactly to the top of your waistband, no shorter, no longer.
5. The body of your tie should never be wider than the lapel.
6. Always choose a tie that’s darker that your shirt.
7. Keep your tie in place with a classic tie clip.
8. Upgrade your daily tie routine by learning how to tie a windsor knot.
9. Aim to show half an inch of shirt cuff below your sleeves.
10. When pulling up your shirt sleeves, fold instead of roll.
11. Never button the bottom button of a waistcoat.
12. Learn how to fold a pocket square correctly.
13. Use collar stays to keep your collar looking smart.
14. Add personality to your jacket with a sophisticated lapel pin.
15. Always, always have your suit professionally fitted by a tailor.
Sometimes it’s the simplest changes that can have the biggest impact on your look. Why not experiment with some of these quick hacks and see how much of a difference they make to how good you look in traditional tailoring?
Of course, we’re always interested to hear new style tips and hacks. If you have one you think we’d like, why not share it with us on Twitter? Connect with us @mullenmullen.