We’re nearing the end of October and are most definitely coming into overcoat territory. If you haven’t already, now is the time to take your overcoat out of storage and make sure it’s ready for the winter ahead.
The wonderful thing about a classic overcoat is that it will look classic and timeless, year after year. Though it’s great to have such a long-lasting versatile garment, you may be keen to find a way to mix things up a bit.
Here are our quick tips on how to style your overcoat.
- So long as the temperature allows, wear your coat unbuttoned. This can be a great way to show your outfit underneath, and the line of an open overcoat is generally very flattering.
- Pair a dark overcoat with lighter accessories and vice versa. The contrast in tone will look very appealing.
- Add a scarf. Wrapping a wool of silk scarf around your neck and shoulders will add more depth and detail to your look.
- If your overcoat has a breast pocket, why not pop a pocket square in it for some vintage charm?
- Go dapper and add a hat! Classic headwear such as a fedora is hugely practical, but will also make you stand out from the crowd.
- Add a boutonniere to the lapel. This is a great way to make your overcoat look more formal, especially for special occasions.
- Choose leather gloves in a flattering hue. They may seem small, but the gloves you choose will have a big impact on your finished look. Leather or suede gloves are a sophisticated choice that will still keep you warm.
How do you wear your overcoat?
If you’re keen to update your overcoat for the season ahead, why not download our brochure for some more inspiration?