When it comes to dressing for a Christmas party, we think there’s really only one option: traditional tailoring. Dressing well will ensure you stand out from the crowd for the right reasons, not the wrong ones.
The other benefit of keeping your party wardrobe traditional is that it makes choosing what to wear for each occasion far easier.
There’s no need to worry about what might work and what might not: a well fitted bespoke suit will always work perfectly. In fact, the only real consideration you’ll have is whether the occasion is formal enough for black tie, or whether an every day suit would be more appropriate.
If you’re looking for some advice to nail the tailored Christmas party look, read our quick tips below:
- If you’re attending a black tie event you should always wear a dinner jacket.
- It’s very difficult to go wrong with a beautifully fitted black, navy blue or dark grey suit.
- Avoid novelty ties, hats, jumpers or socks. Trust us on this one.
- If you want to add a festive touch, accessories in ruby red or emerald green will work perfectly.
- A silk pocket square is an excellent way to jazz up your everyday look.
- Bow ties don’t have to be reserved for black tie: they can be a wonderfully quirky addition to a less formal look.
- As a general rule, plain or lightly textured shirts will look more formal than patterned ones.
- Cufflinks will add an extra special touch to your outfit.
- Details matter: polish your shoes!
As the Christmas season is fast approaching, we’d love to share sartorial inspiration. If you’ve got any more quick style tips for turning heads at the party, why not share them with us?
You’ll find us on Twitter at @mullenmullen.