Each month we ask our expert tailors to address one of your most frequent questions. This month we’re discussing how to tell whether you’ve found the right tailor.
Finding a tailor isn’t as simple as a quick google search. All tailors are different, and it may take some more detailed research to make sure you find the right one.
Once you’ve found your ideal tailoring match, you’re likely to want to continue to work with them long term. However, if you’ve been seeing the same tailor for a year or two and still aren’t convinced they’re ‘the one’, it’s perfectly acceptable to start looking around for other options.
Not sure if you’ve found the right tailor for you? You might want to ask yourself the following questions…
- Do you love the quality of the tailored garments they produce?
- How do you feel about the fabric options they give you to choose from?
- Do you feel that they ‘get’ your personal style?
- Do they help you develop your vision for each garment?
- Do you look forward to tailoring appointments?
- Do they meet your ideas and suggestions with enthusiasm?
- How dedicated are they to achieving a perfect fit?
- Have they made helpful suggestions about improving the look of your garments?
- Have they made helpful suggestions about improving the function of your garments?
- Do you feel rushed during appointments?
- Do they make you feel like a valued customer?
If the answers to these questions leave you feeling unsure, it might be time to consider building a relationship with a new tailor. You could start by asking for personal recommendations from friends or colleagues who’s style you admire.
Most tailors offer an initial consultation with no obligation to buy. This can be a great way to assess whether a tailor is likely to be a good fit for you.
Next month we’ll be asking our tailors to cover another frequently asked tailoring question. Sign up to our newsletter to make sure you don’t miss it.