The film buffs among you will know that the twenty-fourth James Bond film Spectre will be arriving in cinemas at the end of the month. We’ve been told to expect something incredible and so we’ll be keeping an eye out for stunning locations, exciting cars, beautiful Bond girls and, of course, envy-inducing suits.
It’s hard not to be a fan of Great Britain’s most famous secret agent. The film series has spanned more than sixty years and has starred seven different actors as 007. Over time, much has changed. The cars have got faster, the Bond girls have got more assertive and the special effects have become far more impressive.
We’re pleased to say that there is one thing that’s been constant throughout the past six decades: James Bond has always been impeccably dressed.
Whether your favourite incarnation is Sean Connery, Roger Moore or Daniel Craig, you can always rely on Bond as the perfect ambassador for premium men’s fashion. Bond is a man who truly knows the value of bespoke tailoring, whether he’s involved in a high speed chase or whether he’s at the bar ordering his signature martini.
If you’re looking for a style icon, you can’t go wrong with Mr Bond. Here are a few quick tips from us on how to do 007 right.
- Every man’s wardrobe should contain a made-to-measure dinner jacket (or five). Modern Bond is a fan of midnight blue… but we hear rumours that Spectre features a classic white one.
- Whatever time of day, whatever the activity: it’s always the right time to wear a suit.
- Outerwear is important. Whether you’re navigating freezing tundras or just the streets of York, make sure you pair your suit with an equally impressive overcoat.
- Take note of the fact that in sixty years Bond’s look has remained constant. You don’t need to reinvent your look to stay stylish, a small nod to passing fashion will be enough.
- Don’t compromise on fit: baggy clothes are rarely flattering.
Want more style inspiration from 007? We suggest you take a look at this epic collection.